Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify DMI data source names

antoine_buffoto
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello,

In version after creating a legacy farm with multiple CAS servers, in the edition interface of DMI reports, the datasource names are the IP addresses of the CAS servers.

Is it possible to modify that and have instead the cluster names or the CASes description?

Thank you for your answer.
Antoine

7 REPLIES 7

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Antoine,

I'm afraid, this is not possible...

Regards,

Karolina

Keep calm and build Community!

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
That's a bad new, it makes DMI report hard to work with.

Regards, Antoine

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

When you edit the device connection and replace the IP address with the host name, a draft
configuration should also be created on primary node of the primary cluster.
After publishing this draft, farm configuration with host name should be
applied.

Caveat: this also makes the cluster dependent on DNS resolution working for the farm to operate.

-- Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your answer.

But I don't want to have the IP adresses or the DNS names (most of the time they make no sense for the DMI users), I want to display names useful, explaining the role of the servers. That's why the device description was good.

Antoine

I understand that; can descriptive DNS aliases be requested?

And I agree with Adam, Product Idea is likely the best route toward using the Descriptions directly

-- Erik

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Maybe Product Idea?

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Have a similar problem at a customer, Customer has CAS and ADS installed on each server running on different ports (e.g. 81 and 82), so we get IP addresses in the Data Source dimension (and alerts), but no indication if it's a CAS or ADS. Make it a two step process to identify where an alert actually comes from.