cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify email subject

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi,

I have several DMI reports which will be sent via email. How can I modify the email subject and content to give meaningful messages to recipients?

By default CAS use the report name as email subject and no message content.

Thx
Sylvian

6 REPLIES 6

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sylvian

As far as I am aware there is no way to modify it if they are scheduled through the DMI interface. However you can modify it if you configure the distribution thought the tasks file.

Have a look here https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm trying to modify the task....xml file. 😉

Sylvian

Hi sylvian

That's good. It is slightly different in some versions of DCRUM so if you let me know which version you are running I can add an example if that would help?

Regards

Alasdair

sylvian_lam1
Organizer

Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for your help. I'm using 12.4.10, just modified the xml files but need schedule a CAS restart to take effect. 😉

Sylvian

Hi Sylvian

If you already have it running I won't attach an example then. If you have issues though let me know and i can still add one.

FYI modification of the tasks-.....xml files doesn't require a restart.

Regards

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

I've created a new tasks-115-reports.xml then save it, however no task reload message in server.log so helpdesk suggested me restart the CAS. Below is the contents of my tasks file, appreciate if you can review and comment it.:) Thanks a lot.

-Sylvian

=====================================================

<tasks>

<task ID="GenerateTeamReport2" name="Generate CAS report for team" periodType="WEEK" period="1" timeLine="SERVER" offsetTime="04:00:45" timeout="00:15">

<command ID="0" name="Report generation and export"> <class>adlex.delta.scheduler.command.SaveReportCommand</class> <param>/LSSaveAs?lsAction=Saveas&format=pdf&lsEntryName=Team+Infra+trend+report+-+Citrix+performance+-+Monthly</param> <param>D:\sch_reports\Team_Infra_trend_report_Citrix_performance_monthly_[date].pdf</param>

</command>

<command ID="1" name="Report sending"> <class>adlex.delta.scheduler.command.SMTPCommand</class> <param>D:\sch_reports\Team_Infra_trend_report_Citrix_performance_monthly_[date].pdf</param>

<param>porterlamlam@gmail.com</param>

<param>This is Team Infra Citrix report</param>

<param>pdf/pdf</param>

</command>

</task>

</tasks>