cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Monitoring NAM users

At a customer we have multiple DNS aliases for our NAM environment and HTTP / HTTPS is enabled both.

Now we want to analyze how the users are accessing NAM. Like which URI are they using, are there any users via HTTP or can we disable that port?

Neither in the Diagnostic data views nor in the logs we found any report showing us the URI the users are using for the NAM server.

We created a software service for a kind of self-monitoring purposes but with the current setup we are not getting all users.

Are there any other possibilities to get that kind of information out of NAM?

Dynatrace Consultant and Center of Excellence Expert
3 REPLIES 3

Just for the URIs I would go to Diagnostics > Web server log. Not sure we are able to differentiate between HTTP and HTTPS calls.

Hi Sebastian,

I just had a look at the "Webserver Log" report in the Diagnostic section. But it seems that the host is not visible it is only the path (after the first / ) that is visible here.

For me it seems that a Softwareservice will be the only option to get the port and host part of the URI.

Dynatrace Consultant and Center of Excellence Expert

Yes, that is why I wrote about the URI part. I could not find a place where would keep the actual host or the complete URL 😞