cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Moving AMD from one host to another host

shashi_dasi
Inactive

Hi,

We are planning to move the whole AMD setup from one host to another host without impacting the setup since which is a production one.

If any one has done the same kind of activity earlier looking forward some help to do the whole process.

Thanks..

6 REPLIES 6

benjamin_johnso
Organizer

If you are using physical machines, I would suggest installing the new AMD alongside the existing one;

Export the configuration from the existing AMD from the rum console, unzip the downloaded config. Then import software service & global settings from applications.xml.
All you need to do after that is send the monitoring traffic to the new AMD

Hopefully this helps!
Ben

My hosts are virtual one

shashi_dasi
Inactive

Any knowledge share here for this question

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Shashi,

1. Install the new AMD in parallel to the old AMD; i.e. keep the old AMD Running.
  2. Back up configs from the old AMD by logging into the RUM Console
  3. In the Devices list, click Open Configuration for the AMD that you wish to upgrade.
  4. In the upper right corner of the Configuration screen, click the Export Configuration icon and save the zipped configuration files on your local system
  5. Restore the backed up configuration on the new AMD. Configure the new AMD to start receiving traffic by configuring network interfaces etc.
  6. More details here: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...
  7. If possible configure the new and the old AMD's to receive identical traffic.
  8. Add the new AMD to the RUM Console and the CAS and verify that you are receiving the identical data.

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thanks,

Harshal.

Thanks for your inputs Harshal.

But I have doubt here, in this whole activity do we loose historical data by any chance ?? because our setup has loaded with good amount of performance data.

Hi Shashi,

Historical data is stored in the CAS. So with transitioning of the AMD, you will not lose any historical data.

I would recommend two things:

1. Do this activity during times when the traffic is very low
  2. Just to be absolutely sure, open a P3 support case and verify the steps I listed so that you are absolutely certain.

Regards,

Harshal.