cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple web applications sharing a single ip address

henk_stobbe
Mentor

I have a customer using one ip address for multiple applications. So I want to define applications based on the URL's (operation's) Is this a problem using the task level as application level?

KR Henk Stobbe

4 REPLIES 4

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Looking at the documentation, I found that this has to be defined at software service level,using url recognition, correct?

KR Henk

thun
Advisor

Hello Henk,

are these applications using the same tcp port as well? If not you can define muliple software services

if not you can define Task (=Page Names) and extract the name from the content, url or any parameter to distinguish the applications.

Another idea will be to create seperate applications in CAS to report these different applications. You can do this via RUM Console (Applications, Transactions and Steps in the Menu) or via CAS Web UI in the Settings Menu by choosing Business Unit .

Best regards,
Friederike

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Hi Friederike,

Thx for your reply, yes the applications are all on the same port. I have defined multiple applicions based on the sam software service,

Looks ok to me,

KR Henk

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

An FYI from someone who's been in a similar boat. In my case, the URL's for not so popular apps were being put into All Other Operations as you would expect.

Workaround was to define URL's of unpopular apps in Software Service config.

If you ever get to this stage, make sure you check the "auto-learn before reporting" checkbox, otherwise the URL's will stay in your server cache forever and never get aged out.

Sid