cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAM Server Migration to the New Host

BabarQayyum
Leader

Dear All,

We are going through a situation where current NAM server resources are not sufficient to handle the load (especially memory), hence, we want to bring it up another server to overcome.

What points should be considered, for this type of migration without losing any data?

Regards,

Babar

10 REPLIES 10

przemyslaw_tafe
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

The best way to scale your NAM Server is to do horizontally by adding additional server(s) as node server(s) and creating (or extending an existing) NAM server load-balancing cluster.

The historical data will be preserved in the existing server and only new data will be balanced across the additional node server(s).

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

Thank you for the advice. We are going through this path.

Right now, we are unable to bring up the NAM service. What should we do in this situation?

Regards,

Babar

Contact NAM Support Team

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

Communicating with them from the last few days but unfortunately this time they are not responding and helping except told us in the beginning to reset database which is not possible.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

How can I get all the configurations from the NAM without the service restart?

My idea is to use the configuration from NAM to the new server and connect to the same database.

Regards,

Babar

Please continue working on this with Support in JIRA ticket. Forum is not the best place to troubleshoot individual problems, especially since you already have opened a support ticket. It's possible to setup a new NAM server installation on another machine, then copy \config\repository.properties file from the old server and the content of \classes\CustomQueries\ folder (patches, if any) and this will allow to connect to the same DB. It is mandatory to have the old server stopped entirely before you attempt to connect to the same database from another NAM server instance/server.

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

Thank you for the suggestion.

What about the rest of the configurations done in the old NAM server e.g. changes made in the admin console, sites, etc?

Regards,

Babar

These are stored in the database. The only other configuration that you need to make is bulk insert configuration for the new server.

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

Thank you for all your assistance.

Tomorrow I am going to try this method and then will provide you the feedback in both cases (successful/failure).

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Przemyslaw T.

I have done the suggested steps and data processed. Now service is started, but the publishing is taking a lot of time.

Is this an expected behavior in this situation, or I should have to verify something?

Regards,

Babar