cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to monitor memory and system host status...

sgupta34
Newcomer

Hi Team,

i have one query related to DC Rum. if we need to check memory and host system status then which dimension and metrices need to add in reports ?

waiting for your response.

suraj gupta.

6 REPLIES 6

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Suraj,

Do you mean something similar to CAS -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Capacity Status / Memory Status?

sgupta34
Newcomer

Yes Adam, we need reports for our server in the same way. In this report i can see memory usage so exactly what memory usage denote"its machine memory or something else". Thanks for your reply.

sgupta34
Newcomer

Adam one more thing, i tried searching metrics which is used in this report(CAS -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Capacity Status / Memory Status) but couldn't find anywhere. please let me know whether this metrics are customized one? or predefined.

Thanks in advance.

Just edit one of these reports and save as your custom on one of DMI dashboards - you will be able to use all the dimensions and metrics.

sgupta34
Newcomer

thanks Adam for the reply, but if we edit this report then application or server identity dimension is not available(Because in this report, memory status is selected in DATA view which is normally not available when we create simple reports) to add server name or ip. so what could be done in this case?

Do we have any option like where we can create our customize metrices and dimension ?

thanks in advance (smile)

Suraj,

I'm lost. What do you want to achieve? Measure memory consumption taken by the fact we monitor particular application?

Please proivde us with more examples.