cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

NetBios Protocol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying monitoring NetBios protocol betwen old IBM point of sales and the controller server, but Netbios is not a TCP Protocol, I just want get response times and identify network problems.

I did a test with tcp generic and generic with transactions decode, but doesnt work.

Do you know if there are a method to monitoring the NetBios old protocol in DCRUM?

Thanks in advance

Alvaro

2 REPLIES 2

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you be more specific and/or confirm some details?  NetBIOS is a communication implementation that rides on top of TCP/IP and IPX/SPX (among others)... If it is the variant riding on top of TCP/IP, gen w/ trans should monitor it.  Any other variant, including the original variant on IBM PC LAN (circa 1983), is simply not supported by DCRUM as it is not a TCP/IP protocol.

Is there any point that this rides on TCP/IP?

--- Erik

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

What are you looking to monitor here and why?

If you are using the really old stuff (original from 1983) you will have some serious challenges. If you are trying to get any meaningful from more recent versions like Netbios over TCP you should look at TCP+UDP ports 137 138 and 139. I'm not sure what you will find there though since I haven't seen Netbios in the wild for a couple of good 5-10 years.

Do you have a sample trace you can share?