cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No performance data on CAS

carlos_chang
Inactive

Hey guys,

CAS shows no performance data, but I'm pretty sure AMD and CAS are connected.

So I wonder what kind of problem I've encounter.

server.log

10 REPLIES 10

Did you configure a CAS at Central analysis server configuration page?

fuss
Guide

Hi,

it could be possible, that you have to wait some time, until you see the first performance data in the RUM Console. Did you already deployed a Software Service at the AMD? Because most of the values are related to the processing of service data from the received traffic.

BR

Michael

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Carlos,

Are you sure that CAS IP Address is correct?

Check the CAS connectivity with the CSS?

Regards,

Babar

carlos_chang
Inactive

Thanks for the reply, I got "Request historical data unavailable in cache".

How do I start to debug?

Sincerely,

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

CAS historical data saves in the Database so in case of loss you can retrieve from the backup if you are taking a regular backup.

AMD keeps data for 8 days so in between whenever the reporting server will be available the data will automatically retrieve to report server.

Regards,

Babar

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

@Carlos C.

Looking through the log file you've attached (the images aren't working), the CAS doesn't have any AMD connections defined.

Use the RUM Console, to connect the AMD to the CAS as a data source. The CAS should then start processing data from the AMD. See: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Make sure the AMD is added and enabled, then publish the change to the CAS.

carlos_chang
Inactive

Hi guys,

AMD connection status is fine, CSS service is on as well.

Allow me to describe the situation, I found performance data delay about over 10 hours from yesterday,

so I go to data process control and skip to a specific time, then data stop coming to CAS.

Hello Carlos,

It means you forcibly stopped when the data was retrieving from the AMD and now you want to recover that data but you are able to get the latest performance data.

I am not sure 100% but might be a restart of the AMD can again restart the process or might be someone else can give us a recommended way to recover the data or workaround.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Barber,

I already restart the AMD like several times, it doesn't work.

Regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

It means the idea didn't work.

I guess this is the time to open the support case and might be meanwhile someone expert will come up with a great idea.

Regards,

Babar