cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Transactions in each Service

ajinkya_gujarka
Newcomer

Hello, we have about 46 service configured in DCRUM 2017 and due to some changes in applications after some times the transactions start bucketing into "All Other Transactions". Post this we do troubleshooting for each service separately.

We need a report or dashboard where we can daily check how many transaction buckets were there in past day and if there is only "All Others" bucket then we will get to know there is some issue with config.

Is there a way to design such dashboard inn DCRUM?

3 REPLIES 3

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Ajinkya,

I just want to make sure if I understood your question correctly. Is my understanding correct, that what you need is a report/dashboard which will indicate:

* number of distinct transactions under every reported application

* if there is only "All other transactions" transaction, or if there are other (named) transactions

Best Regards,

Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Yes, you get it right. (We work in a team) :

ApplicationNumber of Named Transactions before
Cloo12
Foo14

When transactions start going into 'All others':

ApplicationNumber of Named Transactions after
Cloo1
Foo14

best regards,

Rajesh

Hello,

To be honest I was not able to find a way to generate report looking exactly as one shown by you, but I think I was able to create something quite similar, something you miight consider as workaround:

Idea 1:

Number of transactions under each application is indicated by length of bar on chart

This solution has one serious limitation, you can have up to 100 transactions on single chart, thus, in large environments you might need to think about having multiple sections for various applications set (standard Applications names filtering is applicable here)

Idea 2:

This is closer to your original idea. Disadvantage of the solution is, that you need to create separate sections for each application, with application names hard-coded within report definition.

Please, find attached xml file with two reports definitions. Probably you'll need to adjust them for your needs (application names in filters, perhaps time ranges)

Transaction counters 2 and 3.zip

I hope you'll find those solutions valuable. Please, let me know what do yuo think about them. And of course, in case of any doubts or questions, I'm here and will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Jacek