cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining "Operations with HTTP Errors (4xx and 5xx)" at the CAS instead of the ADS

FranciscoGarcia
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi team

A customer that is still on 12.2 (about to migrate to 12.4!) is trying to reduce the workload of their ADS. They have managed to get a report for some of their end users at the CAS level that substitutes the ADS report they were sending out but there is one metric they are not being able to provide at the CAS. It's the number of Operations with HTTP Errors (4xx and 5xx). I have directed them to this post. Can anyone provide guidelines if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Matt_Bernard
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Fran,

As far as I remember, it is possible to report over HTTP errors category (4xx, 5XX and even Custom categories) directly from CAS since release 12.0 at least using 'Software Service, Operation, and Site Data' perspective within DMI configuration GUI, please refer to attached HTTP_Errors_CAS.png:

http-errors-cas.png

You can either add/remove HTTP status code to default and custom categories within AMD Global configuration (Global => Front-End-Monitoring => Web => Errors), please refer to attached 'AMD_Global_Configuration.png:

amd-global-configuration.png

Cheers,

Matt

cpm_mm_expuser
Newcomer

Hi both Fran and Matthieu.

Thanks for your comments, the user is currently considering different options - I guess they'll use the separated HTTP error metrics by code, as you Matthieu said. Do you know if those are metrics about HTTP errors over hits instead of operations?

Thank you very much for your help.

Matt_Bernard
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Monitores,

Errors based on HTTP status codes are directly available within CAS reports, using

'Software Service, Operation, and Site Data' data view, either at Application, Transaction, Tiers, Software Service and Operation level but I believe that an ADS is mandatory for Hits level.

Cheers,

Matt