cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Old Software Service names collecting data after deletion

pablo_garcia
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello!

A few weeks ago we renamed many of the Software Services at a client of mine. Since then in the "Software Services" DMI report in the CAS we are seeing that the majority of traffic is coming into the newly named Software Services, but that there are still a few transactions that are showing up attached to the old Software Service names. We've put the Time Range to "Last one hour" to ensure it isn't old, remaining data.

I have double checked in the RUM Console, checking both in "Manage Software Services" and in the AMD configuration under "User-Defined Software Services," and the old Software Service names do not exist. I've also checked in the applications.xml on the AMDs and did not see them. I have deleted them from any Tier and Application within Business Units in the CAS, but still they persist.

Any other ideas of where I should check next?

Thank you!
Pablo

4 REPLIES 4

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

For this software service, verify if the option persistent session is enabled.

The new configuration will be applied only for the new sessions. If the session is opened since few days, it's possible that the AMD keeps the old software service configuration.

JLL

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Pablo

What you can also do to check is add the dimension link name to your dmi report where you see the old traffic. This will show you the AMD it is coming from. Once you know this log onto the amd and run the following

cat /usr/adlex/config/applications.xml | grep softwareserviceoldname

if noting appears the configuration is correct.

An ndstop ndstart should fix you issue.

If the old name appears the configuration has been corrupted and you will need to manually edit it or restore a previous version.

Regards

Alasdair

pablo_garcia
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Thank you both for the quick responses!

I did not try the ndstop, ndstart, and sure enough that seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks again for the help!
Pablo

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Alasdair,

We have a same problem with one of the software service. I did not find my old service on all of the AMD with the command cat /usr/adlex/config/applications.xml | grep softwareserviceoldname, but the service is still alive and collecting the data from the last 10 days.

How can I permanently remove or stop the application to collecting the data.

Regards,

Babar