cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Some of the TCAM is passing back Host Resource Utilization Metrics

All the 6 TCAM are passing back applicatoin performance and availability data etc, but there are 3 of them which doesn't have CPU, MEM and DISK utilization metric. Tried restart the TCAM, but no luck.

Anyone ever encountered this before? Or have any suggestion?

6 REPLIES 6

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro
  1. Have you configured these 3 missing to send it to the AMD: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/dcrum/citri...
  2. Can you see this UDP traffic on 514 port on communication interface of the AMD?

I see here two possibilities.

1. Maybe TCAM is not installed at servers with IP, for which CPU, MEM and DISK utilization metrics are not calculated.

2. Maybe all TCAMs do not send performance data to AMD.

Client's server has got two or more network interfaces and for all of them we have probably 6 server IP addresses.
Solution is to add all interfaces addresses to configuration at AMD side.

Hello @Krzysztof P.

I am facing similar issues that only few of XenApp servers health information is retrieving with the TCAM utility but most of them are not providing any information. Secondly the availability information is not available at all.

I followed the instructions from the below link but still no luck.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/160/open-q-a_2/questions/197832/tcam-can-pass-back-the-data-to-amd-but-i-see-nothi.html

Can you please explain the about 'Solution is to add all interfaces addresses to configuration at AMD side'?

Regards,

Babar

Please add to section <service> (in applications.xml for AMD) all IP addresses and corresponding ports to all interfaces

Example:

<report>

<service>

<ip>172.17.3.100</ip>

<port>1494</port>

</service>

<service>

<ip>172.17.3.100</ip>

<port>2598</port>

</service>

<service>

<ip>172.17.4.40</ip>

<port>1494</port>

</service>

<service>

<ip>172.17.4.40</ip>

<port>2598</port>

</service>

</report>

Hello @Krzysztof P.

The IP addressees with the corresponding ports are already configured in the software service and also in the AMD Configuration > Advanced > User-IP Mapping > Listening. Even though no health information for most of XenApp servers and as I mentioned earlier there is no availability metrics at all.

<service>
<ipRange>
<b>10.34.185.72</b>
<e>10.34.185.75</e>
</ipRange>
<port>1494</port>
</service>
<service>
<ipRange>
<b>10.34.185.72</b>
<e>10.34.185.75</e>
</ipRange>
<port>2598</port>
</service>

What else I should do to resolve the situation?

Regards,

Babar