cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operational attributes: More than 5 bucket grouping suggestion

Hello all,

I have the following scenario. I have been handed down 16 attributes that are present in the response body and/or request header of requests captured by Data Center RUM. Client needs to be able to capture these to create reports. Through the software service configuration, 5 operation attribute buckets are allowed for definition of these operational attributes.

Is there a way to use the same bucket to group some of these?, in a way where I can use an operational attribute bucket to group attributes for a specific category? Or are operational attributes only supposed to be used in a one-to-one relationship (one attribute to one string output)?

Any suggestion is appreciated?

Regards,

José Miguel Colella

1 REPLY 1

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jose

So keep in mind a couple of things here. In HTTP/S you get 5 operation attributes but these can be configured per URL. Each URL can have a 5 different ones.
Another thing to consider is that the attribute is really just where would you like to find information and not the exact info you want. As in you can extract multiple values from 5 different location. E.g. if i had an operation attribute setup to look for say messageKey, I could have it report every unique value for message key and this would only consume 1 of my OAs.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Alasdair