cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Forms Software Service With Zero Operations

jakub_stary
Inactive

Hi,

I am configuring Oracle Forms Software Service in DC RUM but it does not recognize any operation. When I configure it as a simple HTTP Software Service then it gives me some operations depending on URLs.

Do you have any idea why the Oracle Forms over HTTP Software Service does not work?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

jakub_stary
Inactive

Any hint? Thanks.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jakub,

Can you share a capture of the traffic? If not, can you verify that there is Oracle Forms traffic that is flowing through this software service in the timeframe that you have chosen.

Regards,

Harshal.

jakub_stary
Inactive

Hi Harshal,

Please find the attached capture of the traffic (Wireshark file). The attached zip is protected with the pass "dcrumquestion". I think it is Oracle Forms traffic but not sure. I would be glad if you will take a look.

Thanks,

Jakub

tia-wireshark.zip

"Oracle Forms" is noted in the header, but the PRAGMA field is absent (required field), and there is an error message in the response:

"The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.</p><p>If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address."

Oracle Forms is in some ways worse than SSL/TLS for requiring complete rtaffic. In decoding Oracle Forms, the AMD must see the complete Oracle Forms session to be able to decode and analize it, and an Oracle Forms session can (and very often does) span multiple TCP sessions.

-- Erik

janusz_dabrowsk
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Jakub please explain how you configured AMD to monitor it ? Do you use classic or high-speed AMD (the latter uses new HTTP-based decode OF). Could you share applications.xml ?

Hi Janusz, I just created a new software service with Oracle Forms over HTTP decode. Customer use classic AMD, it is DC RUM 12.3. Please, find the attached applications.xml in applications.zip, password for the zip is "dcrumquestion".

Thanks