cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Oracle RAC DB with Scan Listener

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

How to configure/monitor the Oracle RAC DB with Scan Listener where a single hostname is configured for multiple database instances and listening on the same port?

Regards,

Babar

4 REPLIES 4

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Babar,

To be honest I would start with standard configuration using known host and port. Please, let me know, what are disadvantages/consequences of such configuration ?

Best Regards,

Jacek

Hello @Jacek J.

The only disadvantage in this situation that the operations of both databases mix in each other and I can identify the databases only on the module level bu not the operations.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

You’re right, that’s how our database analyzers work, query is reported as an Operation and database name is reported as a module.

I believe that NAM reporting capabilities are flexible enough to cover such situation and all your needs at the same time. Let me suggest two possible approaches, I hope you’ll like them:

Operation explorer report is powerful and flexible tool which allows you to select desired database (reported as a module) them display queries (reported as Operation dimension) executed on that database only. See two screenshots below as an example

Another solution I can think of is creating your own, customized column, containing both, Module and Operation. Such column could be used in your customized reports. To create such column, you need to go Result display tab of your report and click Add new calculated column button. Example on two screenshots attached below

Please, let me know if those solutions can meet your needs, and if not, what is missing. We’ll be looking for other ideas in such case.

Best Regards,

Jacek

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @Jacek J.

Thank you for sharing your suggestions with such kind of requirement. I presume the first approach is much better and simple to guide users'.

Regards,

Babar