cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Name Detection under RUM console

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hi,

Has anybody implemented Page Name Detection setting on RUM console?

Just wanted to know the use of it. Can we use this effectively to configure business transaction under "Business Unit"

I believe if I'm able to configure the page name detection then It would be easy to get complete page response time under CAS for business transaction. (Please correct me if I wrong with this aspect)

As of now we have configured the transactions based on operations.

BR,

AK

3 REPLIES 3

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

Akshay,

Best practice is to make sure each operation has a page name, which will show up in the task dimension. Take that page name and reference it for your business transaction. This way, if the URL changes for that page, you only have to correct it in the URL monitoring definition only. So it'll save you having to configure the business transaction as well.

In regards to page name detection, I'm pretty sure that is the same as the page name in the URL monitoring tab in the software service definition. You are just telling it to auto-populate the name based on content instead of manually adding it yourself.

Hope that helps!

Hi Matthew,

If I configured like above then again the business transaction would have data based on operation configured under page name detection.

Actually regarding page name detection I thought about the things shown in screenshot below.

BR,

AK

benjamin_johnso
Organizer

Hello, are you using classic or high-speed AMDs?

We wanted to configure auto page naming based on the last X segments of the URL path - but on closer inspection Support advised that it is only available in high speed AMD.

The option for this auto naming was due to be removed for clasic AMDs in the rum console though, but we have not updated from 12.4.10 so far. Are you on a later version - looks like the UI is different to 12.4.10?

Cheers,

Ben