Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter and url-Auto learning

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the how the url-auto learning mechanism works with parameters. The way I understand it there are 2 places where you can set auto learning settings. At the software service level and for each monitored URL(s). Which one overrides the other?. What is the impact will each setting have on a monitored URL?

Software Service Wide

Monitored URL

The end result would be to ensure that every single parameter is being reported for all URLs that match the above regex.

Any thoughts on the subject would be great.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Cosmin

URL monitoring and URL auto-learning are two different options and they are only related if you select the option to use url for auto-learning before reporting.

Without this option selected then URL rules take preference. When a url is seen it the traffic the AMD will first compare it to the URL rules. If it doesn't mach any it will then compare it to your auto-learning settings to see if it is eligible to be monitored.

If you include parameters in auto-learning then they will be considered for reporting based on the same auto-learning settings.

Now looking at your url it appears to be a siebel web engine. Have you considered using the Packaged Application to setup your monitoring? It will configure most of the required parameters for you.

Regards

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

The packaged application is applied but there are some parameters that are not configured. The option for "Use URL for auto-learning before reporting" is a bit confusing. The option I was looking for is this . Not sure how I missed that (smile).

I wanted to make sure that all parameters were getting reported for a certain URL and not using url-auto learning. 

-Cosmin