Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting configurations from 11.5 to 12.3 DC RUM tech refresh

jonathan_lim
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi,

I am planning to do a fresh installation of 12.3.4 DC RUM on new hardware provided. However, this is an existing customer using DC RUM 11.5 currently. There are around 80 software services, 200+ DMI Reports and around 50 alerts.

I read that from v 11.5 to 12.X, there were a lot of changes that happen in terms of naming of metrics and calculations.

I have a few questions that I hope I might be able to get some answers due to the tight timeline provided by the customer.

1. Can we reuse the applications.xml file? 
  2. Like wise for configurations in RUM console, alerts, DMI Reports; is there any way to import them or is manually creating the only way?

Best Regards,

Jonathan Lim

2 REPLIES 2

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I've had a customer recently upgrade from 11.6 to 12.3. They did an upgrade, but much is pertinent for you.

DMI reports exported and imported successfully (customer asked me to check them all on a 12.3 environment before the upgrade).

I'd suggest you upgrade the RUM Console components, and CSS from 11.5 (double check the upgrade doco you may need a 11.6 or 11.7 step in here) to 12.0 and 12.3, so all that config is migrated.  You could then add a new 12.3 CAS if you want to start with a fresh database.

jonathan_lim
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply! I didn't think of this alternative before thanks! =D

I'll give it a go and will update this thread.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Jonathan Lim