cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Possibility to have Synthetic Data (On Premise and SaaS) on same Universal Diagram ?

pierrick_planc2
Inactive

Hi,

I would like to know if it was possible to have one Universal Diagram that shows Data points from both On premise and SaaS Solution.

It looks like it's not possible since it's two different data views, however I'd like to know if somenone found a workaround.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You're correct.

Usually you can add an extra data view via the Benchmark Data tab, but the Universal Diagram doesn't want to play that game.

Hey,

actually it is possible for a selected metrics like performance or availability. You have to use the "Application, transaction, and tier data view" where all "tiers" (in this case different monitoring technologies) are available.

We have an example report for monitoring easyTravel application in our APM Demo that does exactly that. Please take a look at it here: https://apm.gdn.demo.dynatrace.com:8082/LSServlet...

Here is also the definition of that report example-ud-report.zip

I hope you find it useful for your use case.

Hi Sebastian,

That's very close to what I'm trying to achieve. The goal here is to have a world map that shows availability for each selected country, whether the country uses Synthetic Enterprise or SaaS.

When using the dataview you are referring to, I lose the information about the country (or backbone) being used, so I can't use this method.

Thanks,

I understand your use case. I'm afraid you would need to have two (or more) sets of values to mash up ESM sites with APMaaS backbones. We have that extension for UD in our backlog but there are no plans for feasible future to implement it.