cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process to move the CSS from a server to a new one.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

Do you have a complete process to move the CSS from a server to a new host ?

Regards,

JLL 

7 REPLIES 7

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Yes, we have it in docs.

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Adam,

This doc is pretty good for a recovery on the same server. But there is nothing about the move to another server.

If we change the CSS server , we have to modify the parameter of the css.dat file into the CAS, ADS, Rum console etc... Is there a  doc for this process ?

Regards,

JLL

Hi,

Does this link help?

Moving CSS to a New Server

Thanks,

Harshal.

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I have (just today) done what the link above suggests. Moving CSS to a New Server

Make use of the fail over feature of CSS, add a new server, when done, remove the old. It's a fairly seamless process.

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Slightly related to this - I upgraded from 12.3.5 to 12.3.8 today and CAS and CSS is on the same box.

Everything (almost) Went fine but I get a warning "

Problem occurred during connection to Central Security Server at address "win-cak

.localdomain".

Looking in the CSS, the server exists by two names "win-cak.locladomain" as a Domain Name and also as "win-cak" as a Host Name (netbios).

The action button is indicating you can do something but that excludes editing as I can only change Priority and Active state.

When the CSS was new I recall hacking a few files to change IP's but I think I wasn't successful then and just reinstalled the whole enchillada.

Anyone has any ideas?

Hi Ulf,

are you referring to the css.dat file in ProgramData directory?

Ciao, Raff

Yes - but as I recall it, it revereted back to its original at every reboot. So i gave up and reinstalled - don't want to do that this time 😛