cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on AMD Data Processing Completeness Errors

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi all,

I have a question on the AMD Data Processing Completeness Error. What are most likely the causes of missing zdata/transdata/ndata files?

As you can see from the screenshot, I get some errors on the data processing. How to deepen this situation?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Raff

9 REPLIES 9

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Raff,

It appears from your screenshot that certain data files were missing from the AMD. When you look at the CAS server logs, you should be able to see when a data file was not pulled from an AMD (search for "Probe(s) with problem(s)" (or something very similar to that) and you will see which files were not pulled from the AMDs. You can then check the AMD /usr/adlex/spool/rtm directory and see if the missing file(s) actually exist.

If not, why weren't they generated? (No data in that period? AMD shutdown? Missing data stream?) If so, why didn't the CAS think they were there? (Not generated in time? No connection to AMD at that time?) If we can't answer either of these, we may need a support case.

Regards

Hi Brett,

thanks for your quick reply.

I'm taking a look into the server log and I find many exceptions like the following:

E HLOG16-05-09 11:50:07.108java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Dynatrace\CAS\proxySamples\4\amddata_5730783c_5_t (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
at adlex.rtm.servlet.VersionServlet.handleEntryReq(VersionServlet.java:114)
at adlex.rtm.servlet.VersionServlet.service(VersionServlet.java:44)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at adlex.delta.tomcat.Tomcat2AdlexServlet.serveServlet(Tomcat2AdlexServlet.java:80)
at adlex.delta.tomcat.Tomcat2AdlexServlet.service(Tomcat2AdlexServlet.java:49)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

[...]

And actually the expected files in the \proxySamples\... folders are not there.

Now I'm gonna check the /usr/adlex/spool/rtm directory as you suggested.

Thanks again,

Raff

Hey Raff,

No problem. That does seem to be a deeper issue - the CAS copies the files from the AMD into that CAS\proxySamples directory so they can be processed. If you're receiving that error, it makes me think the CAS thought it downloaded the file, but then didn't actually have it in storage. Is there ample free disk space on the CAS C:?

Thanks Brett, that's exactly the first check I've done 🙂 Yes, there's enough space. I'm gonna investigate more on AMD side.

Also check the time stamps on the files on the AMD. the CAS will only wait a set period of time for them to be available before moving on. if the time on the AMD is behind the CAS or the AMD is overloaded and can't write the files out quick enough, the CAS will miss data.

Thanks, Chris!

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi Raff

As Brett was eluding to , check for "Probe(s) with errors" 😉

Once you have found if this is the case and the issue is in relation to if the files were around when the CAS went looking for them, you can extend the time it is waiting. It's not ideal as it will result in the CAS becoming less up to date if your problem persists.

Go to Diagconsole on the CAS (HTTP://YOUR_CAS/Diagconsole)
Click on "Advanced Properties Editor", search for "ZDATA.MAX_SAMPLE_WAIT_TIME" and change that to double the number you have there. Don't forget to hit "SAVE".

Thanks, Ulf! Really good to know 🙂