cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Traffic

Hello,

I am running 2017, and recorded traffic from RUM Console. How do I view these statistics?

If I click download, it attempts to save as Wireshark file. I want to view this stats as I used to in 12.x.

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

3 REPLIES 3

tomasz_nowakows
Dynatrace Contributor
Dynatrace Contributor

Hi Genesius,

are you after "Sniffing Point Diagnostics"? It's no longer in the Console. You may use CAS -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Traffic diagnostics instead. Please check https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/143498/whe... for a comment from our Console Dev. about it.

Best Regards,

Tomasz

@Tomasz N.

No I'm looking for how I run a capture from the CAS, as I used to run from RUM Console in the old 12.x days.

Thanks and God bless,
Genesius

Hi Genesius,

you're likely asking for a feature that is gone and won't be brought back, I guess. Traffic traces are capture for a specific reason, that is, to be used by the software service configuration wizard. Note that while you define a custom service, you can use a traffic trace captured by the AMD and you get kind of stats you're looking for. You have URLs, IP addresses and so on. There's no more stats like in old releases due to various reasons (one of them was AMD performance). If you have more specific use case or issue to discuss, let me know.

Best,

Zeke