Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove or Hide Reports from Reports Dropdown Menu

matt_lewis
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hey guys,

I have a client that is monitoring just HTTP and Database traffic, so many of the reports in the 'Reports' -> 'Applications' dropdown list are not relevant to them. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that you could remove these, and additionally add other reports to this list, but I cannot seem to find this feature anywhere (maybe I was dreaming?).

Anyways, if anyone knows how to do this, it would be much appreciated, as it would remove a bunch of 'empty' reports from this list.

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

thun
Advisor

Hello Matt,

Maybe this posting about custom menu entries will help you: https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/162398/12410-how-to-create-an-entry-in-the-side-menu-unde.ht...

The other way would be: Give the user a CSS role like "guest" or "reporting user" where they are only able to see reports that are assigned to them. Than assign only the relevant reports - the menu will only show them.

Best regards,

Friederike

As Friederike wrote, there are two options:

1. You can create your own, custom menu using mechanism provided since DC RUM 12.4.0. See APMU module on that or documentation

2. You can create user groups and assign rights to certain reports only to those groups and then control access to those reports via those user groups. If user has no access to the report, the report will not show up in the menu.

matt_lewis
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hey Friederike & Sebastian

Glad to know I wasn't dreaming; thank you for for providing the links above. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again,

Matt