cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generated time Different than the last time period

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello I am looking for a way to update the time on the CAS server to reflect the actual time. I can see that the report is being generated at the correct time of 9am and that reflects the server that the CAS is running on however it looks like based off of the top time the server is behind a day and a half. 

I think I need to update the time of the CAS and AMD to reflect the current time but am unsure of how could you please help.

Thanks,

Kyle

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Kyle

The time shown at the bottom is the CAS server time. This time is taken from the windows clock.

The time at the top shows the time period of your report. If this is 1 day behind and you have selected the current day then that was the last time your CAS processed data.

Have a look at your Processing Status report which can be found under Tools>Diagnostics

You should also check in your RUM console that at least 1 AMD data feed is enabled for your CAS.

Is this a recent issue or has it always been like this? 

Regards

Alasdair

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Alasdair,

I understand that the report generated is taken from the windows clock however I'm sure it's not supposed to be that far off from what the Time period is.

here is a copy of the Processing Status Report

To my knowledge we started having this issue on Friday morning after coming in to see the nightly clean-up task running. 

Thanks,

Kyle

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

What does the red warning next to the "Processing Status" say?

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Delay in processing 1 day 9 hours but that has dropped from 2 days since Friday

Hi Kyle

Thanks for the screenshot. So looking at that the CAS has a processing delay.

The time at the bottom of the report is taken from the windows clock. The time at the top however is showing the data period of the report. In your case the last time the CAS had data. Once it has processed the new data the time will return to normal.

This is part of the resiliency that is built into the CAS. If the CAS has a problem it will try and retrieve missing data once it is restored to prevent gaps in the data.

If the delay in processing is decreasing the CAS is catching back up. You really have two options here. 

1 Wait for the CAS to finish processing all the data

2 Skip the missing data files - Please note this means the data will not be available for the period you skip.

Is the DB local or remote?

How much RAM is in the server?

Regards

Alasdair

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

David - you could extrapolate as well - if it has picked up since Friday, then it needs probably 3 more days to catch up - if you want to.

If you don't care about that - you can dump the data and jump to today - just as Alasdair says.

you do this under ATSCON - but be advised that there is no "Undo" there. (warning)

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thanks for the quick responses Alasdair.  The DB is a remote call.  Installed RAM on the server is 64 Gig

however the delay is increasing checking on it again at the warning message is still saying the the Daily Maintenance Task is still running, Data has been suspended for 117 minutes ago. And I guess that this may be the root cause of the data processing delay.

Hi Kyle

If the delay is increasing then we need to figure out why or it will never catch up.

For your remote DB do you have bulk insert enabled? You can check this in the system status report <casip>/modulestatus?_callUrl=menu_diagnostic_systemStatus

Look for the property BULK INSERT - current status 

Can you also check the database size on this screen?

For the CAS server was the memory setting adjusted after the install as by default only 50% gets assigned to the CAS process? You can check this in the memory status report. <casip>/LSServlet?dmiAction=Generate&lsAction=LoadByName&lsEntryName=Memory%20Usage%20Statistics%20and%20Restarts&_callUrl=menu_diagnostic_diagMem

I assume it is the DB daily maintenance task that is running? Has someone changed the settings for this? It should be ran about 00:10 and timeout if it isn't completed in 2 hours.

Can you check that no processing limit has been set? Go to <casip>/RtmDebug and chek at the top. It should say "no time limit"

If there is a limit then click unset_limit

Would you be able to attach or send me the server.log?

If possible also have someone look at the resource utilization on the DB server. If it is a shared serer there may be too many tasks running at once.

Regards

Alasdair

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Alright 

Bulk Inserts - yes

DB size seems fine

CAS RAM - 32 GB average use is around 2.5 GB

No processing limit is set

server.log

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle

Looking at your server log the CAS is catching up. If you let it run it will catch up again.

Regards

Alasdair