cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Reporting monthly users per application

anton_laurila
Advisor

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to provide visibility into usage of customers business critical applications. Upper management receives a monthly report where I would like to include some notation of the amount of users. Currently on DCRUM the on-demand user details are only available for 10 days so I cannot use that data directly and it is not compared between days anyways to distinguish users from each other. Amount of Unique users is kept daily but not monthly. Any examples of monthly usage reporting are more than welcome. One possible way of doing this is to extract data weekly and compile the data in an Excel sheet or such, just means extra manual labor. Is there a way to automatize exporting raw data out of reports rather than scheduling a report?

Kind regards

Anton

4 REPLIES 4

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Under CAS config folder, there is an example file called tasks-example... which has some handy functions that can be used to extract data out of a DMI report as csv and dump into a folder. These tasks can be scheduled to run whenever you want.

thun
Advisor

Hello Anton

maybe you can also use the ELK Integration introduced in DC RUM 12.4

The other possibility we have used in similar use cases is to keep the Raw data for about 31 days (Storage Period) - than you can create a report for a month with the user metrics. As far as I remember we used a resolution of 6 hours because metrics like "Unique users" aren't available on daily aggregation level.

Best regards,
Friederike

Note, beware extending data retention from the 10 day default to 31 days will likely triple your database size.

Note, beware extending data retention from the 10 day default to 31 days will likely triple your database size.