cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Resolution Issue

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

In the below screenshot, I selected the preset time 'Yesterday' and resolution '1 period' but you can see that resolution is converted into an hourly basis instead of 1 period which is 5 minutes.

What could be the issue?

How to modify the resolution on the global level?

Regards,

Babar

5 REPLIES 5

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Babar,

Unfortunately something bad happens to your screenshot and I can't reach it. Can you attache it one more time, please ?

Best Regards,

Jacek

Hello @Jacek J.

I attached the following screenshots for yesterday and today.

Regards,

Babar

luke_boyling
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The out-of-the-box charts have Smart resolution enabled on the time ranges - meaning that they will try to pick a chart resolution that nicely displays without loading too many columns. Thus the charts display with a 1 hour resolution despite the underlying data being at 1 period resolution.

On an ad-hoc basis, you can remove the smart resolution from the charts, but the reports are read-only, so you can't save it.

Hello @Luke B.

Thank you for pointing me out in the right direction.

Do we have a way to configure once and all on the global level?

Regards,

Babar

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello @Babar Q.

First of all, sorry for inconvenience, looks like there is an issue with screenshots on whole community, team is already working on fixing that.

Going back to the question:

@Luke B.'s hint is correct, described effect is caused by Smart resolution feature.

There is no single flag to change this setting, but we can help you to disable it in all or selected reports and provide assistance in overwriting default reports. However, there is one more thing you need to be aware of: if you resign from Smart resolution option, your charts will start to show only one bar if time range is 1 interval (right now Smart resolution feature 'expands' the charts smart way). In other words, time range for chart will be always equal report's time range

So, please, let me know if you're interested in such action and if yes, I will need extra information:

* NAM version

* Names of reports to be changed

Best Regards,

Jacek