cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Explorer (BEx) and DCRUM

anton_laurila
Advisor

Hello everyone,

Does anyone experience on monitoring SAP Business Explorer over SAP RFC? Our customer is using the the BEx in conjunction of SAP GUI and getting the report run timings from the SAP RFC timings would provide significant help in determining possible performance issues.

Kind regards

Anton

3 REPLIES 3

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi

I never heard of the BEx but I would be surprised if it can't be monitored with the SAP RFC decode

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/SAP+RFC+-+General

@Pawel S. Any further insight?

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I too an unfamiliar with BEx, but it appears to tie into either/both NetWeaver (so HTTP decode) or BW Business Warehouse (unsure of decode).

A packet capture may be useful here.

Had a brief discussion with a SAP consultant onsite for some better understanding of the infrastructure. Basically the protocol used for the communication between the client and the SAP WAS (Web Application Server) or NetWeaver is dependant if it is running the ABAP or Java or both WASes. In the case of Java the communication is (mostly) HTTP(s) and for ABAP combination of SAP GUI, SAP RFC and/or HTTP(s). What it comes down to is understanding which modules are running on the SAP instances, for example MDM, CRM, ERP.