cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

SMB Analyzer

vaibhav_goel
Guide

Hi,

We are using SMB Analyzer to analyze performance.Howvere, we are not able to understand how the Slow operations are getting calculated and what Server Bandwidth means in an operation and also what it mean by Number of Attempts?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

2 REPLIES 2

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi @Vaibhav G.,

if you're unsure about the meaning of DCRUM metrics what I suggest is to look at the Dimension and Metrics definition in the Help page. There you'll find a complete list of all the metrics and dimensions with the corresponding description.

Here how to access the Help page (instructions for 12.4.x): go to DMI -> New report and then click on the Help button as shown in the screenshot below:

you'll get the following page:

Hope that helps.

Ciao, Raff

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

Vaibhav,

In general, every analyser type will have a threshold that is set in the AMD global config that determines if it is a fast or slow transaction. I could not find the specific setting for SMB like I could for HTTP (which is 8sec). In my environment, looking at the auto-discovered SMB traffic it appears the threshold is 10min. Try hovering over your slow operations column and see if the tooltip gives you a similar figure.