cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Task Not Running

jakub_stary
Inactive

Hi,

I set scheduled task which is not running. The task is located in config directory and looks like this:

<tasks>
<task ID="Test" name="Test" mergeMode="NONE" periodType="ALWAYS" period="1" timeLine="SAMPLES" offsetTime="00:00" timeout="00:10" showOnStatus="false">
<command ID="0" name="Test_save">
<class>adlex.delta.scheduler.command.SaveReportCommand</class>
<param>/LSSaveAs?lsAction=Saveas&format=txt&lsEntryName=Ceska+sporitelna+-+Application+Health+Status&dmiAction=Generate</param>
<param>C:\Temp\Reports\Test.txt</param>
</command>
</task>
</tasks>

The name of the task file is tasks-500-test.xml. Does anybody see something wrong with my task definition which can cause the issue?

Thanks,

Jakub

9 REPLIES 9

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

What does the server.log say?

jakub_stary
Inactive

Server.log says:

[Fatal Error] tasks-500-test.xml:5:43: The reference to entity "format" must end with the ';' delimiter.
E SCHED 15-12-16 10:01:00.028 Error during loading tasks definition, tasks NOT LOADED
TaskXmlParser, error occured during parsing task definition file tasks-500-test.xml: The reference to entity "format" must end with the ';' delimiter.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Try replacing &:

jakub_stary
Inactive

I have one more question about Scheduled Tasks. Is there any way to save xml with custom structure? I need to share DC RUM data with another tool and there are 3 possibilities: binary file in tool's structure, xml file in tool's structure or call its web service. I think Scheduled Task is good way but I do not know which of the following methods is possible and best.

Thanks!

If I understand you correctly you want to the 3rd party tools to consume the DC RUM's data.

If so then you want to use Web Services.

Yes, it's possible to export data using tasks but then it needs to be transformed anyway with 3rd party tool.

Yes, you understand me correctly.

But, is there any way how to prepare it on the DC RUM side without transformation with 3rd party tool?

If you decide to use Web Services you need to anyway develop your own interface and decide how the data will be presented.

But with scheduled tasks, no: base on your custom report the data will be exported to CSV file, one line for each row, delimited with coma or semicolon, columns headers at the top + report header. These cannot be changed.

LEt me knwo if that is clear.

So now there is no way how to export report in a custom structure and I have to create some interface for Web Services or parser to transform exported file.

Thanks,

Jakub

Correct.