cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See below screen print, RTMDailyMaintenance, TaskScheduler task is in progress

henk_stobbe
Mentor

What can I do to get stuff starting again?

Delay in performance data processing is 3 day(s) 14 hour(s)
RTMDailyMaintenance, TaskScheduler task is in progress

KR Henk

10 REPLIES 10

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

HI Henk

Basically the system is telling you it doens't have time to "Clean the room" Before the next guest is arriving.

You can extend the period given so that the processes get some more time, but that is just postponing your pain. You need to either decrease the data (or the resolution of the datra), increase (speed) the hardware or go for a cluster.

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Ulf,

Thx for the reply, would it make a difference to run CAS and DB on different machines?

KR Henk

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

No - in general the the serialization and all the extra that a network Connection between the 2 Machines will cause more overhead than you potentially gain from a "exclusive" SQL.

Is it an old machine or is it under spec?

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Ulf,

X5650 @ 2,67 2CPU x (6 core) 64 Gb, so under spec!

KR Henk

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Sorry for asking but you are aware that you can manually restart the jobs so that they can complete?

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Ulf,

Yes I stumbled upon this in Atscon some time ago, I also noticed I could not find this info in CAS doc's,

Is there more info on the CAS-procedures,

No sorry please, just tell me as it is (-;

KR Henk

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi

Start by going to HTTP://YOUR-CAS/diagconsole

There in the middle column you have "Task Schedule Status" - click on that!

Now you get to a list showing you the task, when they were executed last and how long it took.

I'm betting 1$ or €uro that the "DBDailyMaintenance" never completed. Click on that task and then click "Execute" in the following window - then wait and eventually repeat until successful.

Best is if you do this as early as possible in the morning so that you don't collide with any of the bigger scheduled jobs that will kick in after midnight.

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Ulf,

Thx for your assistance, I owe you 1 euro, FYI I have read DCRUM admin guide 12.3 page 250,

so no more questions there. I will also run the CAS benchmark and put the results here,

KR Henk

Happy to help!

If it did the trick, just tag it as "Answer". Then I can at least collect the leaderboard Points instead of your hard earned cash 🙂

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Ulf,

I owe you an euro, I also should have red DCRUM admin Guide 12.3 page 250 (-;

KR Henk