cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number for Transaction Trace License

genesius_jarom1
Organizer

Hello,

What is the serial number that is required to send to dynaTrace to receive an updated license.xml file for Transaction Trace Analysis?

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

3 REPLIES 3

thun
Advisor

There should be a component named "DLM" Distributed License Manage on your server.

If you open this one and click on "Show System information" (or something like this" a page with system information should open. Every information Dynatrace needs for licensing is included here.

avner_san2
Inactive

Hi Genesius,

Only illustrating what Friederike said, after open the "DLM" software and click on "Show system information", you will be able to see the following screen:

If your license is node locked (specific for each host), you need to provide the Unique ID number to the license team, and them they will create for you a license valid only for this host.

Just as further information, if for some reason you change your network interface, then your Unique ID will change, so you will need to request a new license. The Unique ID number is based in your network configuration (MAC address, etc), and not on the software installation.

Let me know if that helps,

Regards,

Avner

genesius_jarom1
Organizer

Thanks @Friederike T. and @Avner S.

I did not properly ask my question. It is not the serial number within the software that I required. I discovered it is the Volume Serial Number of the hard drive on the new PC where TTA will be run. This can be displayed by typing "label" at a DOS prompt.

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius