cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

ServiceNow integration with DCRUM / NAM

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Does anybody has in depth experience with integrating DCRUM / NAM with ServiceNow?
Specifically with creating either an incident or event item in the
ServiceNow system from DC RUM Alerts. Caveats, pitfalls, experiences etc.

On the following page the service now integration of DCRUM (NAM) and ESM is explained:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/PUBDCRUM/ServiceNow+Integration

One of the big questions I have ahead is how to circumvent that the service tool is not flooded with tickets.

8 REPLIES 8

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I would say configure the alerts that are actionable and meaningful to you is the best way to not be flooded with tickets. Alert tuning is the best way to handle this and to look at only adding fairly severe alerts to this to know that if a ticket is created this IS a big problem. Outside of that its really just setting up the link to it and telling the alerts to use that destination.

HTH,

Kyle

Thanks Kyle. I agree, the tuning and proper qualification of alerts is key.
I wonder if for every alert a ticket is opened, or if for the alerted issue already a Service Now ticket is open it is updated.

Hi Frans,

It all depends how you define "the same issue". I mean, if you extend scrips which logic recognizing if event generated by NAM does not inform you about new issue but is "only remainder" about already existing issue, you can control on what will be send to Service Now and what not.

Alerting mechanism within NAM gives you quite powerful tools for this. Please, check Propagation settings from advanced settings tab.

Best Regards,

Jacek

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

The scripts do not anticipate the need to use a proxy. I have customized them to connect through a proxy.

keshav_singh
Guide

Hey guys, I need a help on NAM-SNOW event integration.

I have been using Rest API integration into my DRUM environment which was successfully pushing Events into Service Now (dcrum-to-service-now-event-rest.ps1).

Right now I am informed that Service Now is upgrading to TLS 1.2 and I did a quick test on Event Integration, The Events are NOT getting pushed to SNOW.

Can you advise what is causing this to block and how to resolve this?

Hi Keshav,

It might be environment related issue, we have a single setup with Windows 10 and TLS 1.2 and default script works fine.

However, you may try adding line

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

before line in which web request is created. I believe that it might be helpful

$RestApi_WebRequest = [System.Net.WebRequest]::Create(…..

I believe that it might help

Best Regards

Jacek

Hi Jacek,

This has perfectly worked out for me.

Thanks so much for your quick and clear advise !!

regards,

Keshav

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I can only confirm Kyle's earlier suggestion, tuning the alert's definition to make them triggered only in case of real issue seems to be the best way.

Apart from that I just wanted to remind, that you can also configure integration with Service Now for selected alerts only, not necessary for all alerts defined in NAM

Best Regards,

Jacek