cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get full HTTP response body details from DCRUM

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello,

Is it possible to get complete HTTP response body details from DCRUM?

I'm able to get only Request & response Header details from Hit Header Details report.

BR,

AK

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Akshay,

The Hit Details report represents an operation hit, broken down into specific HTTP elements.

HTTP general configuration options are options related to a variety of settings such as timeout values, redirection handling, session recognition, multi-frame page handling, and cookie handling. They can be set globally for the AMD or individually for particular software services.

Maximum request body length

Maximum size in bytes of the buffer that HTTP request body can be assembled into before considering it incomplete and proceeding with its processing. This option is available only in HTTP mode of the HTTP analyzer. The value is configured globally for all software services.

Maximum response body length

Maximum size in bytes of the buffer that HTTP response body can be assembled into before considering it incomplete and proceeding with its processing. This setting can be adjusted only for Oracle Forms over HTTP profile. Default value of "0" will be used for other analysis profiles.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Not that I am aware of. You can get the HTTP response header - but not the body, in the ADS data.

There
are areas in DCRUM where you can process the body - like setting a page
name to the HTML body tag <title> <\title>, or configuring
application responses - but not view the body.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Thanks Babar & John for your valuable inputs.

Raised this question because I was trying to extract the username from response body but even after writing appropriate user name detection rule, username was not visible in DCRUM report.

Hence to cross check I wish to see whether we are getting that HTTP response (for which I have written a user name detection rule) from application server under DCRUM for user activities/actions.

BR,

Akshay

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Akshay,

You can easily extract the usernames from the response body.

May I know the Settings > Central Analysis Server > Server Configuration and then the 'User Options'?

Please keep in mind that with the 'Track user IP addresses (FE Mode) only the client IP address stores separately (it ignores recognized user names and reports users with IP-address resolution).

Regards,

Babar

Screenshot added.

BR,

Akshay