cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype for Business SIP, RTP traffic monitoring

badri1481
Newcomer

Hello,

We are using DC RUM 12.4.14 in our organisation. In our current project we have implement Skype for business on premises. There is a requirement to capture voice traffic but what I came to know is we presently don't have any licenses for SIP,RTP or H.323.

When I check our AMD configuration for auto discovered software services I could see H.323, SIP and RTP that has been enabled for monitoring.

At the moment we don't have polycom devices installed in our datacenter.we have a requirement to capture 1. number of users 2. number of affected users 3. list of services SIP.H.323 etc.

My question is can we capture the above from auto discovered software services if we did not have those license added? or can Dynatrace capture those traffic from auto discovery?

I see some out of the box reports for VOIP activity, VOIP status VOIP overview. would we be able to get those reports?

I am new to Dynatrace,please let me know if I need to provide you with any other information ?

Regards

Badri

3 REPLIES 3

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Without the license you will get only basic TCP metrics only. Both for Autodiscovery and User-Defiend SSes.

badri1481
Newcomer

HI Adam,

Thank you for the response, where can I download trial license for VOIP to test this?

Regards

Badri

is the VOIP module a cost item?