cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Sum of the Client IPs over 7 Day Period

I have an application team requesting to receive a DMI report with the sum total of Client IP addresses. We noticed this week that when you generate a report for the last 7 days, it is reporting only the unique IPs within that 7 days.  Which this is working as designed, but is there a metric or alternative that can be created to provide the sum of IPs over multi-day periods?

3 REPLIES 3

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Martin,

If you add time as a dimension and in the metrics section, chart the "Unique Client IP Addresses" metric, does that meet the requirement?

I added the "Client IP address" as a dimension and verified that the the total sum of "Client IP address" is the same as the count of "Unique Client IP Addresses" metric, for a given timeframe.

Hope that helps. I apologize if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Harshal.

Hello Harshal ... Thanks for replying.  If I have created the DMI as you are describing, here are the results, so the sum of IPs over the last 7 days is 19.666.  Where as the total number of unique IPs over those 7 days is 6.34k. 

Hi Martin,

You are right. I verified it only for a five minute timeframe, and the numbers matched for the 5 minutes.My bad

What is the aggregation option for your CAS?

Thanks,

Harshal.