cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Reporting Groups

Hello,

From time to time we, the DC RUM product management, have a question to you: DC RUM users.

Here is one:

Do you still actively use Reporting Groups? If yes, why? What is the use case that keeps you from migrating to the business hierarchy of Applications/Transactions/Tiers?

In the upcoming 2018 release we would like to remove Reporting Groups from the Business Units Configurator and from the built-in reports; further on we would like to mark those as deprecated and scheduled for removal in the next 2019 release.

Please let us know if (and WHY) that would be a showstopper for you.

Thank you,

Sebastian Kruk

Senior Technical Product Manager, DC RUM

4 REPLIES 4

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

Sebastian,

I'll continue to look when I go onsite for customers who use this, but in all my health checks I don't think I've seen anyone take advantage of that feature.

We used reporting groups for filtering purposes in addition to the application / transaction hierarchy before the data access possibilities came up. But right now I'm not aware that any of my customers is using reporting groups.

Friederike, Matt - thank you for your feedback. This is more or less what I expected. Cheers

elvis_castelino
Organizer

Hi Sebastian,
My client uses reporting group quite extensively. It was just something that they started off with then the App/trans model did not exist and have continued to use it since. As of version 12.4 Reporting groups was depreciated as a dimension from the ADS data and this caused a lot of problems. I don't think they would be opposed to go to an App/trans view but will definitely be sensitive to change since a lot of the higher up executives and directors use this feature.

Elvis