Hi,

In the NAM 2018 release notes, under deprecated features it says:

"Synthetic monitoring integration. The Dynatrace platform is now the
primary interface for all Dynatrace customers, including users of the
classic products. As Synthetic Classic customers upgrade to Dynatrace
Synthetic, Dynatrace NAM 2018 Server will continue to acquire and
process Synthetic Classic data; however, alerting on Synthetic Classic
data will no longer be supported."

So if I'm reading this correctly, not the whole integration is deprecated if the data is still acquired (and displayed?) by NAM - only alerting on that data would not be supported anymore.

On the other hand, looking at this doc:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/nam/cas-and-...

...It says the Backbone Reports section only applies to CAS 2017 and not NAM 2018. So how is it?

Br,

Kalle

7 REPLIES 7

fuss
Guide

Hi,

some weeks ago, we had such a question from one of our customers. And as far as I know your suggestion is correct.

The Data of Synthetic Classic is always shown in the NAM/CAS Server, but you are not able to use alerts for this kind of data.

BR

Michael

When you upgrade your reports will be still there. If you did clean install I can share old 2017 synthetic reports that are no longer shipped with NAM 2018.

kalle_lahtinen
Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the responses! Interesting that the Backbone reports are only there when you upgrade, but not when you do a fresh install. That is good to know - in our case we're talking about an upgrade, so it's all good from that perspective.

Br,

Kalle

The reports are available only when you upgrade because they are already in the system. As they don't come with NAM 2018 you will not see them in the clean install. We tried to keep some of the links to those Synthetic reports still in the reports that come with NAM 2018. They will however be removed in NAM 2019, i.e., any reports that come with NAM 2019 will have no references to Synthetic Classic or AppMon/UEM reports, as those reports (even after upgrade) will no longer work since NAM 2019 will no longer process data from neither Synthetic Classic nor from AppMon/UEM.

Thank you for the useful info Sebastian! I noticed that Enterprise Synthetic is not listed under "not processed by NAM 2019", so it might be possible that ESM 12.5 still integrates with NAM 2019...?-)

Sorry for not answering earlier. Yes, we don't plan to stop supporting ESM 12.5 in the near future. In other words, reports and alerts will still work in 2019.

Thank you, appreciate the info!