cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME TO FIRST BYTE (TTFB) METRIC

paolo_musso
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm looking for this metric Time To First Byte (TTFB) to create a report (DMI table report).. but I can't find it

TTFB measures the duration from the user or client making an HTTP request to the first byte of the page being received by the client's browser.

Perhaps is there another similar metric?

Thanks for support

Regards

Paolo Musso

1 REPLY 1

Hi Paolo

TTFB is not a measurement that is recorded by DC-RUM to the best of my knowledge. DC-RUM is focused on end user experience and this would be a subset of that. The individual values you want are mostly there but there is no accumulative total for them.

Can i ask what you are trying to achieve here? As TTFB would not give much as it would be an addition of so many things. If it was slow it could be the client, network or the server.

In HTTP you would be looking at the sum of Request Time and Server response time, but this wouldn't include the download time. A description of these metrics can be found here https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

If you had an ADS you would be able to see the full time but it would be on a per operation basis using the load sequence.

Regards

Alasdair