cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Threshold 2M operations exceeded. 2.37 M operations processed during the last 24 hours. No more pages will be stored to the database!.

pkiran
Inactive
5 REPLIES 5

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Kiran,

When you first set up an ADS server you must set the scalability settings (Settings > Advanced Diagnostics Server > Scalability settings). Looks like you are set to stop processing after 2M pages. You may change those settings to process more pages. Keep in mind that the more operations processed the more complex the database which will impact performance. If degraded performance is acceptable then the limit may increased as needed.

-Cosmin

we are aware of the Setting for the ADS , i.e. 2m for small and large for 10 m default. But the question is we don't have any SS that is enabled to collect the ADS data and I have checked the application.xml to ensure no Software Service have the vlog set to True.

The attached screen shot shows a simple DMI report built on ADS to show that there are no records getting processed right now, Yet we are getting the Error message shown up as ,

Threshold 2M operations exceeded. 2.37 M operations processed during the last 24 hours. No more pages will be stored to the database!".

Please let us know how can we disable this error message as it is confusing.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi @Kiran Palla,

Can you please verify if you have the following property checked in the ADS settings?

In the ADS, go to Settings-->Advanced Diagnostics Server-->Scalability settings

If this option is checked, the ADS stops processing data at the defined threshold. If it is unchecked, there is a first-in-first-out mechanism for the ADS pages.

ads-pause-reading-option.png

I would also verify that no software services have ADS data by running a DMI report for the "Operation Data" Data view and software services as Dimension, operations as a metric.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Harshal.

@Harshal Pujari

Thanks for the response, So if I have unchecked the option for Pause reading data after reaching 2M will there be any impact when we are collecting the data for ADS even whent eh radio button is selected for the small web site.

I dint test this out, Just want to know for the impact . I dint quite understand the first-in-first-out you mentioned, can you please elaborate on that please.

Thanks in advance.

pkiran
Inactive

The issue is resolved now.

Since there was not data for ADS and the message was from last date when the threshold was reached. So we have to enable ADS for a SS to process some records and turn it off after few mins and that fixed the issue .

After this is done we don't see the message "

Threshold 2M operations exceeded. 2.37 M operations processed during the last 24 hours. No more pages will be stored to the database!.".