Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger alerts just on start and end

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

Is it possible to send alerts just when an alert starts and when it ends?

Currently it is sending the alert when it starts and every 5 minutes again until it ends.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Rafal_Brzezinsk
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Rodrigo,

It is working as designed. You can also tweak a bit this mechanism by changing Propagation settings:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/dcrum/alert-...

but if you have monitoring interval set to 5 min nothing will change. As I understand you would like to have an alert quicker than after 5 min. You can set monitoring interval to 1 minute but this needs to be changed and first you beed to check performance of your CAS to make sure you are able to catch up the traffic on time.

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

I think I haven't explained well enough, What I have now is an email for the same issue every five minutes. I would like just to have an email when the issue starts and another one when it ends.

So currently I have this behavior:

Alert Starts---Email Sent (10:05) -----Email Sent (10:10) -----Email Sent (10:15) -----Alert Ends(email sent End of issue 10:20)

And I would like to have this behavior:

Alert Starts---Email Sent (10:05) ----- no email(10:10) ----- no email(10:15) -----Alert Ends(email sent End of issue 10:20)

Thank you

Define Cancel after 1 interval on propagation settings

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Setting Cancel after 1 interval is obviously necessary, but I would also recommend to set relatively high value for parameter Abort after, say 24h. Otherwise you'll get new notification after every 1h.

Best Regards

Jacek