cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

URGENT - DNA Unattended Capture Trace

genesius_jarom1
Organizer

Hello,

I was running a DNA unattended capture trace from my laptop last night. When I came in this morning there were multi memory and WER errors. I was set at the default parameters for 64 GB buffer, etc.

My question is, because DNA crashed, when I clicked on the DNA application which was still open and was unable to access, did I lose the capture? Or is still on the probe somewhere where I can recover it?

Thanks in advance and God bless,

Genesius

5 REPLIES 5

genesius_jarom1
Organizer

I think I know why the WER error occurred. I closed my laptop cover before I left at ~4:02 pm. 15 minutes later is when this fault happened with AppVantage.exe

But I still need to know if the capture is somewhere on the probe or not.

Thanks and God bless,

Genesius

tomasz_szulist
Inactive

Chances are high the capture is still available. Open unattended capture dialog, connect to the agent, stop capture and try to retrieve the file.

Correct - the key word here is "unattended", which doesn't maintain an active connection with the DNA agent. Whenever you need up-to-date info, you just hit Refresh or Stop capture. You can connect to the agent from any DNA console - can be the same one after restarting - and then download the capture file.

@Tomasz S. and @Tomasz S.

Thank you for the info. Brain burp on the "unattended" 😉

Enjoy your weekend and God bless,

Genesius

You're welcome! Please accept the answer if you find it useful so that it's ticked in our list, thanks.