cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique users report over last 7 days

matthew_eisengr
Inactive

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report that shows both total bytes and unique users over the last 7 days.

When I generate the report is says the unique users metric cannot be calculated for that.

The purpose of the report is for a decommission project where I want to show the progressive migration of users off the machine over day over day for a week.

Anyone have any suggestions on a metric that will accomplish this if I cannot use 'unique users'?

6 REPLIES 6

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Matt

Change the resolution of the report to something below 1 day i.e. 1 hour and it will work. Unique users are not tracked at the 1 day resolution.

Regards

Alasdair

Thanks Al that worked!

It is the simple things that do it (wink)

I ended up switching the metric from unique users to unique client IP addresses and that has the capability to be charted on a 1 day resolution.

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

This solution is great to report the number of unique users over the 7
days. The information is calculated from the higher resolution data set
- so the information is there - and it is reported for the full 7 days.

How
can unique users be reported day-by-day for the 7 days - each row for
one day? Changing the resolution shows too many rows in a table.

I'm running into the use case of needing unique users day-by-day for software services/transactions/operations/tasks - etc.

Anyone else running into this?

Any suggestions to show unique users day-by-day for the last 7, or more, days?

You can try pulling those data periodically to elasticsearch and then prepare report.

Sebastian

Customer does not have an elasticsearch instance. They do not really want to have to rely on an additional tool to display the data.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @John L.

Add the dimension 'Day of the week' to have a unique users on daily basis for the software service.

Below screenshot is for the reference where a single software service has unique users.

Regards,

Babar