cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgradation of DC-RUM 12.2 to 12.4.7

aditya_r
Inactive

Hey Guys,

We have DC-RUM 12.2 with 4 CAS & 4 AMD and we have to upgrade complete environment to the latest 12.4.7. What are the things that we need to keep in mind?

We have concerns regarding the following :

1. What will be the impact on current environments post up-gradation?

2. Do i need to reconfigure the entire environment or will they be retained?

- Like Users in CSS, Reports in CAS and their schedules to generate

- The Capture & Communication configuration in AMD

3. Do i need to reload the Licenses and re create License manager in DLM

In short post up-gradation do i need to configure it like fresh deployment or all my configuration will be retained and I can resume normal business since day one.

How can we take back-up of entire configuration?

Warm Regards,

Aditya

1 REPLY 1

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Aditya,

1. The current environments should run the same, but with the new 12.4.7 feel

2. All configurations should be held during the upgrade. One of the upgrade steps are backing up old configurations, so, in a worst case scenario, you can still reference your old config

3. You will need new upgraded licenses for the 12.4.* version. You can email licensing@dynatrace.com or open a licensing support ticket to start this process. Provide your current license file and an overview of your architecture to make sure all necessary components are included

You can find the 12.4 upgrade guide
here. According to the upgrade path, you should be able to directly upgrade from 12.2 to 12.4. Each component of the tool has slightly different config files/folders to backup and you should also backup each database. Those steps are detailed here.

HTH. Let me know if you have any further questions