cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

User-Defined Metric on UEM Data

pierrick_planc2
Inactive

Hi guys,

I am currently working on DMI Reports that display Response time based on Transaction defined with UEM data.

However the metrics available for the Data View "RUM Browser Data" are:

• Network Time
  • Server Time
  • Client Time

While this is important for the Operation team, those reports are created for the Business side of the company and I would like to be able to display a Calculated Reponse time based on those three metrics.

After looking at the documentation, it appears that this is not possible with this data view:

"Note that RUM Browser data views cannot be extended with user-definded metrics."  Extract from: User-Defined Metrics in DMI Data Views.

Is there any workaround that would allow me to do so ? 

I do not want to use "User Action Time"  as I am not sure it will display the overall response time, if anyone can confirm what's contained in "User Action Time" it might do the trick.

Thank you for your time ,

Have a great day,

1 REPLY 1

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Pierrick,

I can see that:

https://community.compuwareapm.com/community/display/DCRUM122/RUM+Browser+data

The user action time broken into the navigation timing steps:

•   DNS - Time spent for resolving domain names.

•   Connect - Time spent for establishing a socket connection from the browser to the web server.

•   SSL - Time spent for establishing a secure socket connection from the browser to the web server.

•   URL Redirection - Time spent for following HTTP redirects.

•   Document request - Time spent waiting for the first byte of the document response.

•   Document response - Time spent downloading the document response.

•   Document processing - Time between the response being delivered and the OnLoad event.

and:

https://community.compuwareapm.com/community/display/DCRUM122/Application%2C+transaction%2C+and+tier+baselinesNote that for RUM Browser data, the sum of client, network and server time does not have to reflect user action time.

It looks like User Action Time is > sum of Network, Server and Client time.