Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined metric performance impacted time

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Sup Everyone,

I have a need to create a new metric based of Application Performance. The purpose is to get a percent of time a site was impacted by some sort of performance issue. My plan is to use 2 custom metrics. The first would get a count of how many times a sites application performance dropped below 80%. The second metric would multiply that by 5 (5 minutes) and then divide by 1440 minutes to get percentage impacted during one day. 

I have these metrics defined but they do not show in the DMI.

CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.id=SiteImpact
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.name=Site Impact Violation
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.description=Number of times application performance is below 80%
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.resultType=INT
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.expression=case when [appPerf] < 80 then [SiteImpact] = [SiteImpact] + 1 else [SiteImpact] = [SiteImpact] end
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.renderer=INT
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.1.resolutions=r,1,6,d,w,m

CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.id=SiteImpactTime
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.name=Site Impact Time
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.description=Percent impact performance time
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.resultType=FLOAT
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.expression=([SiteImpact] * 5)/1440
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.renderer=PERC
CVENT.ClientView.calculatedColumn.2.resolutions=r,1,6,d,w,m

The dmi_dataview-*.properties is named correctly and I do not see anything in the logs except for this:

DMIProperties Property calculatedColumnForbiddenCols=CliCnt,AffUserNet,AffUserNetCPerc,AffUserAvl,NotAffUserNet,NotAffUserAvl,CliCntC,CliIpCnt,GrCnt set to CVENT.Tier

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here or any other ideas on how to create that metric?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Cosmin,

Please open support ticket so we can analyze it.

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Looks like you can only use already existing metrics when creating a new metric. I would be useful if you could use other user defined metrics to calculate other more complicated metrics like I was trying to do in the above.