cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name recognition now working as expected

bob_zins
Helper

I'm doing User Recognition through a global setting on the AMD, using a cookie name search (AccountUserName). This cookie is available in our corporate web site that everyone logs into before going to their selected application. This way I reference the same ID across all applications. This has been working fine for several years. On Monday an additional cookie (AccountUserNameNew) was added to this site so I added a second rule to the User Recognition configuration and moved it ahead of AccountUserName, so rules for both cookies are configured. I'm assuming the rules are processed in order, so it should use the new cookie value first. (Note: I made this change around 13:00 on Tuesday). Today the user name is still displaying the old cookie. Is it likely the old cookie is still cached? Is there a way I can clear the cache for the user name?

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Check if that is also true in zdata data files on the AMD. If so, then restart AMD processes using:

ndstop;ndstart

command.

I restarted the AMD, but the ZDATA file still contains the the old user ID that is pulled from the original rule. Do I need to remove the rule referencing the original cookie even though it is below the new one?