cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

User or Group Role Based Access Dashboard and Software Services

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Everyone,

How we can assign a custom DMI reporting dashboard with a specific Business Unit(s) and the user defined Software Services belongs to that Business Unit(s) for a user(s) or group(s)?

The purpose of this requirement that every user or a group of users can see and explore the information only belongs to them.

Regards,

Babar

22 REPLIES 22

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

1) Active teh Data Access Control List

CAS / Setting / Data Acces Permission

2) Create a User Group in the CSS.

2) Affect the user to this user group (in the CSS)

3) Manage the right of the User Group in the CAS :

* Add the application in the Data Access menu to this User Group

* Add the Custom DMI in the Report rights menu to this User Group

Now, the user you have defined in the User Group have acces to this custom DMI for the selected application

Alternative, if you want do it for all user, uses the default user group "Everyone"

Regards,

JLL

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

Thank you for your reply and giving me a comprehensive solution.

Really appreciated.

Regards,

Babar

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

I have another question that after assigned report rights to a user I can see that there is link in the Data Mining Reports "ADS report" and it takes me to another tab and inside I can see all the applications even in the CAS I allowed only a single application to this user.

How can I remove this link from Data Mining Reports?

Secondly I can not drill down slow operations reason and therefore, I am not able to open the slow operation load sequence and the hit details.

Can you please help me out in this issue?

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

1) You cannot delete these links. it works as design.

But you can open an enhancemnet request. https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...

2) If the Data Access is enabled on the dimension application, the user will access to the report if

- the user or user group has right to this report

- and every section of the report contains the APPLICATION dimension to apply the filter "DATA Access".

Open the report and verify that the Application dimension is present in all sections. If not, add this dimension as filter in each section and save the report with the same name. It will work.

Regards,

JLL

Hello Jean,

I will request for the enhancement to remove that ADS link from the default Data Mining Reports.

My second issue is that I can not drill down the slow operations reason and vice versa.

I am filtering the Data Access on the application level. I can access everything related to that application like Software Services, Operations etc... but when I drill down till slow operations reasons, there in no link to get the details.

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

hello,

what is the dcrum version?

regards

jll

Hello Jean,

AMD version is 12.3.4.32

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

I tested it in a DCRUM 12.3.4 with CAS and ADS. I have created a user with GUEST role, Data Access limited on an application and right for all DMI reports. It works in my environment. I can't reproduce your issue. Please send me the source DMI and the target DMI.

You can open a call too.

https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/secure...

Regards,

JLL

Hello Jean,

I have a test user with the Reporting User rights and the member of everyone group.

When I access the Slow Operation Cause Breakdown either from the DMI or Data Center Analysis, there are no link to drill down the Slow operations - reasons.

Please find the attached DMI and the screenshot.

Regards,

Babar

slow-operation-cause-breakdown.png

slow-operation-cause-breakdown.zip

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

I changed the configuration of your DMI report - import it without chnaging the name.

I put this configuration far all drilldown :

slow-operation-cause-breakdown-jll.zip

Regards,

JLL

Hello Jean,

I imported the report with the same name but I could not find the file in the load/organize reports.

Please find the screenshots.

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

it's correct. You have imported the dmi report slow opération cause breakdown ( the Name of the dmi report doesn't change, even if the Name of the xml file end with jll.), now you can do a test with your user.

regards.

jll

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

I checked with my test user and also with the admin user.

I have a same result, I took the screenshots from the both users. You can see that the links are available for the admin but not for the test user.

Regards,

Babar

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

One more thing that I assigned all the DMI reports to a test user but I can not see the Network Analysis portion.

Please see the screenshot.

Regards,

Babar

add application dimension in each section.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

I have a same result for the slow operation cause breakdown for the test user but different for the admin user.

I took the screenshots from the both users. Please review the screenshots.

Regards,

Babar

try with new user :

- give him all dmi reports and one application

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

I created a new guestuser and assigned all the reports but I am not able to see the Network Section and also there are no hyperlinks for the slow operations. Please find the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

You're right. I have tried to reproduce your environment, and this time I have exactly the same limitation.

If Data Access Permission is enabled on Application,

the user with limited right (not admin user) will have access to the report only if there is the Dimension "Application" in ALL section of the report.

The report without this dimension are not enabled for these users (no link appears ).

It's not possible to enabled the link of slow operation breakdown (if Data Access is on Application) because the target report is on ADS and the dimension Application doesn't exist on ADS.

If you want give these access (Slow Operation Loads - XXXX or Network Section) you have to change the control Data Access to Software Services.

It's not possible to give this right on the report "Network Overview Site" as the DMI section doesn't have the Software Service dimension.

Regards,

JLL

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

I understand that due to limitation of data access on the application level the user who has Reporting Users access can not access the ADS data.

We already filtered dimission on the Application level and assigned the users and groups for their respective applications and it is also easy to manage for an administrator.

Is there any workaround to get ADS data because we have so many users and gropus?

Regards,

Babar

jean_louis_lorm
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Babar,

The workaround is to use Software service as dimension for Control Access Data.

I have posted a RFE on this topic.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/content/idea/135444/...

Regards,

JLL

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Jean,

Really thnakful for your support and also the RFE.

Regards,

Babar