cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username to Name Surname conversion

Hello,

Our customer want to see Real names in DCRUM and not email that are picked from the traffic.

We have access to DB where we can get real names and email of every customer.

Have anyone have done anything like that?

Is there any possibility to add some metric which we can map parametrs like Client group???? (Client group is used...)

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Sure - that is what you should do. You do this in the definition for the software service I suggest you use the wizard as it will help you on the way

Thanks for the reply, but in the wizard i couldn't locate the right options to to this type of transformation.

Here is some example of what we need. We have recognized emails and how we need to convert:

ivanov-ii@domain.ru                                     >>>> we need to convert to ?????? ???? ????????

petrov.p.petrovich@subdomain.domain.ru   >>>> we need to convert to ?????? ???? ????????

We have this emails and real names in a file but how we can attach it to name recognition options?

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Hmm - I haven't heard of any such static convertion before, It would seem quite maintenance intensive and error prone

I suggest that if this is your explicit need, ask the guys in support, as DC RUM is very flexible and can be bendt to do many things

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Sorry - Just found a piece that might help you

Importing and Managing User ID Mapping Information  (smile)

I told you DC RUM is great!

Thanks for the reply,

But we have configured user name recognition from http traffic, do you think it will work if we make this config like:

email; Real Name  ??

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Aleksander,

So you have username recognition configured and email addresses are reported as user names, right?

You just want the e-mail to be replaced with names and surnames from a flat file?

If so, then I'm not sure if this functionality is present, however I will run this question through Development and see get back to you.

Hi. 

Yes we have user name recognition configured, and the customer want to see Real names that we have from external file. This functionality is realized in Client group metric, but this metric is already used by another data that customer want to see.

Thanks

And "translation" functionality works for Client groups - we can translate them using flat file, so same might be possible for user names, but again we need to double check it.

Yes, we now have realized it with transation using flat file with Client group metric. it looks like

email@domain.com=Real Name; Department of user

But the customer want to know if there is a possibility to use another metric like Client Group to show the Real name in separated column or convert it in Username metric

OK, so use another column or replace the value in "User name" column?

Yes)

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Alexander,

From initial investigation it looks like there is no way to do it, whoever we kindly ask you to put this question in a support ticket so we could run a full code review to make 100% sure it's an enhancement.

Ok. Thanks for your help.