cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Users count for last 6 months

Hi all!

trying to create dashboard with total users count for each application for last 6 months. I'm using Application as Dimension and Unique Users as Metric. It's ok for today or for last 7 day resolution. But when i try it for last month or 6 month i see an eror SQL error: Invalid column name 'time_stamp'. How can i display it for last 6 months or more?

3 REPLIES 3

The unique users metrics requires us to keep a log of all the users to be able to ensure they are truly uniq in count. It would be very expensive both to hold that information and to calculate that over longer periods, i.e., beyond day.

You can go back as far as 10 days (depending how long you keep data for baseline calculations) with Monitored traffic data view to access that metric per one day. With Tier data view (which is a special data view with very limited data) we can also provide that count for last 7 or 30 days.

I think the key question is how do you want to use this metric? What is the value in knowing the count of all *unique* users that ever used your service anytime over the last 6 months? Maybe we can think about some other way to achieve the same goal?

Hello, Sebastian,

Thanks for answer.

The goal is to create simple report, which can show us - how many users had worked with applications for last 6 months. As i understand - it depending off the aggregation period. And i can see this data for last 10 day (with default aggregation period). Right?

Dmitry

Yes, take a look at https://apm.gdn.demo.dynatrace.com/LSServlet?dmiAction=Generate&lsEntryName=Unique%20users%20over%20last%2010%20days&src_report=Search%20result%20details (credentials guest/guest)